A as in SAGER Dismantled Neon Letter G e L i003 c A

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing # 10

RSS feeds and newsreaders are great! It saves you time from searching for all your favorite websites and boomarking them on your computer. They are all right there for you at easy access and you can log on from any computer and view your favorite sites. I think it would be great to use with students so that they could have many educational sites at their fingertips approved by the teacher. This will be a great tool to use with social studies and science. Our students could learn more about the upcoming election and the World Olympics through RSS feed. They could also discover wierd and interesting facts about science and social studies. Students could use National Geographic to learn more about cultures around the world. It would be like using a magazine, only online and often updated. In upper grades, the students can keep up with what's going on around the world and what is happening with the war in Iraq. I think it is wonderful for research and projects. I remember the days of the encyclopedias and card catalog when I was growing up. As for my personal use, I definitely use this tool to keep up with what is going on in the world. I love music and like to know the latest about artists and new music of all genres also. I enjoy celebrity gossip for some odd reason. This is free and doesn't require me to purchase a magazine at the grocery store that I don't need. :) I guess it just amazes me how much nonsense those people get themselves into, lol! Technology has changed so much of what we do today!

No comments: