A as in SAGER Dismantled Neon Letter G e L i003 c A

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing # 13

Wow! I like Zoho...it's so convenient and easy to use. I like how I can set up these "things" through my same email address and password in google. I may change my email and homepage to google, just for the convenience. I hate having to memorize many passwords for many sites! I have them on a spread sheet on my computer just to keep up with them, lol. I set up the account on Zoho Writer and began playing around to see what Zoho could do. I wondered if I could do everything I do on Word and Excel on this site. There were not as many fonts to choose from. I liked how you can share the documents and have discussions about them on the left hand corner. As I went along, I found that is was adequate and had more to offer. I also discovered Glypho along the way. It seemed like a fun way to write stories in the classroom. I could start one of these for the class and have all the students contribute to the story. It even has a feature that allows users to review and vote on contributions to the story. I think it would be a wonderful tool for the classroom. I might try this next year with either the laptops or in the computer lab. It could even be a writing center on the classroom computers.

No comments: