A as in SAGER Dismantled Neon Letter G e L i003 c A

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing # 9

This was a lot of fun also! I really liked the cartoon of Mike. I remembered him from Monsters, Inc. This was a fun cartoon I watched with my daughter when she was younger. He was a great character and the picture says, "More Coffee!" to me, lol. I love the huge eye. I think this idea would be a lot of fun for students to play with. Kids love cartoons and they would have a great time learning about history or any other concept by creating a cartoon to tell the story in their own words. I think I might test this out next year in social studies to make it more interesting for them. It would be also a great idea to have students retell stories in class for other classmates. I did something similar to this on manila paper, but this would definitely make it more updated and motivating! I am sure I could find other fun ways to use this idea in the classroom in the future. I am very excited about incorporating this new technology in my classroom next year! ;)

I did not like Custom Sign generator because it kept locking up my computer and going into error. Every time I tried to upload an image and create a sign it would go into error and I don't think I trust this site. I ran a "sweep" and scanned for viruses just to be on the safe side. I think I will stick to Photoshop. However, I was able to use the Comic Strip Generator, even though I found it to be suspicious also. I had difficulty with it also and just decided to do a basic cartoon search. There I was able to find Mike, from the movie Monsters, Inc. and add a caption to it. I then copied and pasted the html information to my blog. I then tried Image Chef and had more luck with that site. It reminded me of Photobucket and seemed easier to use and more trustworthy. I was able to upload a photo and the simply add text and then poof it was done. I copied the html information and pasted it on my blog.This site was quite easy to use and actually enjoyed this one. ;)

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

1 comment:

Nice Guy said...

The locking up of your browser from www.CustomSignGenerator.com was being caused by errors in AdBrite ads (sponsor ads that help pay the bills so you do not have to pay) showing on the page, their issue should be resolved now...