A as in SAGER Dismantled Neon Letter G e L i003 c A

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing # 12

I love it! I use Google for everything and I knew that it had options, but never knew so many. This gave me the opportunity to play around and actually learn how to use the options available to me. I can do EVERYTHING on the web. Goodbye to pencil and paper, lol! I first started with the Google Alert,. That was interesting because I found so many topics I enjoyed and wanted to be alerted about. I found it to be similar to RSS feeds. It seems that so many "things" are related in the Web 2.0 world. I then realized I was about to crowd my email inbox and had to stop at just a few alerts. I could be updated just about anything I wanted to know.I also tried out
google calendar and just loved it! I spent over an hour on this one. It was the desk calaendar I had on my desk, only on the computer. I spent my time adding all my events, appointments, work schedules, etc. for the next few months to the calendar. I love to be organized and have everything written down, so this was my favorite part of this "thing". The only thing that bothers me about all this Web 2.0 stuff is that you share with the whole world to see. That isn't always the best thing with Identity Theft, stalkers, hackers, and pedifiles in this world. I think I will play with it a little more and see if this will work as a school calendar for parents at home. I could update it and write in things going on in the classroom for parents to see. iGoogle seemed a lot like My Yahoo! which I already use. These types of sites are useful and are looked at daily. You can make them your homepage and visit them often. They can be personalized like many Web 2.0 websites with widgets, feeds, weather, whatever you like!

No comments: