A as in SAGER Dismantled Neon Letter G e L i003 c A

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing # 4

This is the first time I have touched blogging. I always knew it was the latest thing to do on the internet. I figured it wouldn't be hard or bad, just never attempted or tried it. I have played with other Web 2.0 sites in the past though. I am quite familiiar with Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo, Google, Mapquest, and Wikipedia. Recently, I have become familiar with Del.icio.us through another online course this summer. It is a tool I think I will also use in the future. As I have started blogging, I have found out that I wanted to know if someone was reading my blogs and if so, what did that person think? I think commenting is an important part of this because it lets you know that someone is actually reading.
1. teachergirl's thoughts - I work with R. Brown. I was agreeing with her that there are many horrible people in this world shouldn't have access to pictures of your children.
2. Vision Teacher - I remembered working with K. Clay this past year with one of my students. I agreed that del.icio.us is a great tool to use. I suggested to her that she take the informative MISD staff development I took on social bookmarking.
3. Wendy's Wanderings - I worked next door to W. Bowman this summer while teaching summer school. I commented that I never knew that there were so many other social networking sites to use. I agreed that I would stick to MySpace and Facebook as well.
4. Cricket's Corner - T. Cox was the instructor for my del.icio.us course. I really enjoyed that staff development also. I agreed with her that Animoto took way too much time to develop. I moved on to other posts while waiting for it to finish.
5. Tara Johnson's Third Graders at Rugal Elementary - I commented that the Disney video on Creative Commons was definitely one to remember. I stated that it could possibly be used to teach students about copyright laws also.
6. Ms. Brownie's Blog - I made a comment about how I like her video made by PhotoStory 3. I will check it out and try to see if it will work for me on some lessons this year. I also agreed with her that Animoto was difficult to work with.
7. Kimberly's Corner - I told Kimberly that I enjoyed her music playlist that she added to her blog. I have one of those on my MySpace account. I also agreed with her that we as teachers need to have our students doing more with computers today.

No comments: